Skip to content
Western Sydney University has partnered with South Western Sydney Local Health District to train Aboriginal Health Workers to improve the oral health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their communities. Now we need the community to help us come up with a deadly name and logo for our project!
About the competition
- Organiser/Promoter: The Centre for Oral Health Outcomes & Research Translation (COHORT). COHORT is a research centre partnered with Western Sydney University and the South Western Sydney Local Health District.
- Competition Period: The competition starts from Monday 8th July 2019 to Monday 12th August 2019, and entries must be submitted to the organising team no later than Monday 12th August 2019.
- Who may enter: Entry is open to any person who identifies as being of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent. There are no limits for the number of entries you decide to submit.
- Additional entry instructions:
- Logo design requirements
- Design must communicate the aims of the project
- Simple colour palette
- May or may not include your proposed name for the project
- 1 A4 page flyer incorporating the logo (on either a white or black background)
- You may choose to submit your design either as a computer-generated image or use other mediums (eg. drawing, painting).
- Share with us (write) an accompanying story about your art
- Name requirements
- Entries must not contain profanity or offensive language. Failure to do so will result in an invalid entry
- Language (other than English) needs to come from country within south western Sydney (i.e. Gundungurra, Dharawal and Gadigal). Please identify the language group in your submission.
- Share with us (write) the meaning behind the name you choose
- You may choose to submit entries in the following ways:
- Email to:
- Post to/drop off at:
- Ariana Kong, COHORT, Level 3, Ingham Institute for Applied Medical Research, 1 Campbell Street Liverpool NSW 2170
- The Bulundidi Gudaga Team, Narellan Community Health Centre, 14 Queen St, Narellan, NSW 2567
- Judging process: Entries will be judged by selected members of the community, including Elders of the community.
- Prize Winner: Prize winner(s) will be notified by e-mail or phone by October 2019. All the participants will be informed about the outcome of the competition.
- Special Conditions: All right, title and interest in the intellectual property rights (IPRs) arising out of this Competition are owned Western Sydney University and, to the extent needed, the competition winner hereby assigns any right, title or interest it may have now or in the future in these IPRs to Western Sydney University
- If you have any questions, please contact Paul (02 9351 8951 or Folau.Talbot@sydney.edu.au) or Ariana (02 8738 9352 or Ariana.Kong@westernsydney.edu.au).
- To access the Entry Form and the Terms & Conditions for the competition, please click on the links below: